5 Hour Maryland SAFE: Understanding Maryland Mortgage Law (ID#10942)
5 Hour MD SAFE: Understanding Maryland Mortgage Law Online Self-Study Pre-Licensing Education [Course #10942]
Course Format: OSS (Online Self-Study)
Credit Hours: 5 Elective PE Credit
NMLS Approval #10942
This 5-hour Maryland Mortgage Law pre-licensing education course is conducted in an online setting. Students are able to move through online courses at their own learning pace. My Mortgage Trainer, Inc. uses their Learning Management System (LMS) which supports multiple browsers.
Additionally, this course is delivered in four (4) modules of content and can be accessed at any time. The course will utilize case studies and practice quizzes to help you better comprehend the course material. As required by the NMLS, the class completes with a final exam and survey.
This course will cover key topics such as Maryland Mortgage Loan Originator Law and Regulations, Maryland Lender Law and Regulations, Secondary Mortgage Loans, Reverse Mortgage Loans, the MD ECOA, and other Unique Areas of Maryland Law. By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand the requirements for obtaining and retaining a mortgage license in Maryland;
- Understand the limitations on issuance of a license based on an applicant’s past;
- Understand the prohibitions and required behavior associated with having a Maryland mortgage license;
- Be familiar with the Maryland Mortgage Fraud Act;
- Be aware of the requirements of the Maryland Finder’s Fee Act