SAFE 7 Hour Core: MLO Continuing Education Course [Course #12585]
Course Format: Online Self-paced
Credit Hours: 7 Hours CE
NMLS Approval #12585
The 7 Hour SAFE Core: MLO Continuing Education course is approved by NMLSR and contains federal law, ethics, non-traditional mortgage guidance along with pertinent information meeting all requirements associated with continuing education as outlined in the SAFE Act of 2008.
- Three (3) hours of Federal law and regulations;
- Two (2) hours of ethics, which shall include instruction on fraud, consumer protection, and fair lending standards;
- Two (2) hours of training related to lending standards of the nontraditional mortgage product marketplace;
The 7 Hour Core Continuing Education Course is conducted in an online self-study setting. Students are able to move through online timed courses at their own learning pace. Upon class enrollment, students receive a confirmation email to include login information and technology requirements to begin the course.
Note: This course only covers the federal core requirements. To be
compliant with meeting the required 8 hours of annual continuing education you
will also need to complete one hour of elective content that can be satisfied
by any NMLS approved state-specific elective, or any other 1-hour NMLS approved
elective continuing education course.
The following topics are covered in this course:
- Home Mortgage Disclosure Act;
- Equal Credit Opportunity Act;
- Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act;
- Fraud, Consumer Protection, and Fair Lending Issues;
- Nontraditional Mortgage Products;