3 Hour New York SAFE: New York State Law Continuing Education [NMLS #12575]
Course Format: Online / Self-Paced
Credit Hours: 2 Hour CE
NMLS Approval #12575
This brand new continuing education elective course is approved by the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) (#12575) and meets New York’s requirement for three (3) hours of New York-specific education. Licensees must complete a minimum of eleven (11) hours of certified continuing education (CE) in order to renew licenses. The education must include at least:
- Three (3) hours of federal law and regulations
- Two (2) hours of ethics which includes fraud, consumer protection, and fair lending issues
- Two (2) hours of non-traditional lending,
- One (1) hour of additional hour of undefined education
- Three (3) hours of New York-specific education.
As this course is brand new, anyone looking to renew their New York MLO license for 2021 can take this course regardless of which New York CE course you may have completed last year. This New York 3 Hour CE course meets New York’s requirement for 3 hours of New York-specific education and will focus on provisions of the New York Banking Law, MLO Standards and Prohibited Conduct, as well as Consumer Protection.