2 Hour MT SAFE: Understanding Montana Mortgage Law Online Self-Study Pre-Licensing Education [Course #11093]
Course Format: OSS (Online Self-Study)
Credit Hours: 2 Elective PE Credit
NMLS Approval #11093
This 2-hour Montana Mortgage Law pre-licensing education course is conducted in an online setting. Students are able to move through online courses at their own learning pace. My Mortgage Trainer, Inc. uses their Learning Management System (LMS) which supports multiple browsers.
Additionally, this course is delivered in five (5) modules of content and can be accessed at any time. The course will utilize case studies and practice quizzes to help you better comprehend the course material. As required by the NMLS, the class completes with a final exam and survey.
This course will cover key topics such as General Provisions of the Commissioners Supervision, Records and Reports, Compliance, Disclosures, Advertising, and Escrow Funds, and Disciplinary Action. By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Know that Loan Estimate and Closing Disclosure must be signed and dated by the borrower(s). (ARM 2.59.1710 and ARM 2.59.1724);
- Explain the record keeping requirements for mortgage brokers and mortgage lenders and the general requirements for the maintenance, storage, transfer, and destruction of records. (32-9-121, MCA, and ARM 2.59.1710, 2.59.1724, and 2.59.1746);
- Demonstrate the requirements for advertising, including social media and individual websites if used for the provision of services. Know the additional advertising requirements outlined in the mortgage lender prohibitions and under prohibited acts. (32- 9-124, 32-9-149, and 32-9-168, MCA);
- Discuss the Montana Mortgage Loan Origination Disclosure, which is required for loans brokered by mortgage loan originators, and its requirements, including that the form must be signed and dated by the borrower(s). (32-9-124(2), MCA, and ARM 2.59.1737);
- Articulate the prohibited acts for a mortgage loan originator. (32-9-124, MCA);
- Know that a mortgage loan originator may work for only one mortgage broker/mortgage lender. (32-9-116, MCA);
- Describe the role and responsibilities of a designated manager. (32-9-122, MCA)