The Telephone Consumer Protection Act was enacted in 1991 to address the growing number of telemarketing calls. The TCPA restricts the making of telemarketing calls and the use of automatic telephone dialing systems and artificial or prerecorded voice messages. The rules apply to common carriers as well as to other marketers, including mortgage marketing. If you have telemarketers on staff, it would be wise to make sure you are training them on the TCPA rules in the face of a CFPB audit.
In this 20-minute course we will cover:
· The Do-Not-Call Registry;
· Prohibited Acts under TCPA;
· Who is Exempt from TCPA requirements;
· Retention of DNC records;
· Violations of TCPA;
· How the TCPA applies to text messaging;